Van Nuys Robbery Defense Attorney
Charged with Robbery?
Robbery is defined as the unlawful taking of goods which do not belong to you from the person to whom they belong or to whom they have been entrusted, with the use or threatened use of violent force. Robbery is a felony and if you are convicted, you will receive a felony strike on your record under California's Three Strikes Laws. When you are facing criminal charges, it is of the utmost importance that you retain a Van Nuys criminal defense attorney who will protect your rights.
First Degree Robbery: 3-9 years in prison
- The robbery of an inhabited residence
- The robbery of a driver or passenger of a commercial vehicle
- The robbery of a person who is using or has just completed a transaction at an ATM
Second Degree Robbery: 2-5 years in prison
- Any robbery which does not fall under the definitions of First Degree Robbery or Armed Robbery
Armed Robbery: Adds 1-10 years to the prison sentence
- Any robbery in which the culprit possesses, uses or threatens the use of a firearm or deadly weapon
It is important to remember that if anyone was seriously hurt or killed during the commission of the crime, you will be facing enhanced penalties and possibly other charges as well.
Defending Felony and Misdemeanors Offenses in Van Nuys
If you have been arrested for robbery, the Law Offices of Jonathan C. Rosen may be able to help. Attorney Rosen has extensive experience defending robbery criminal cases. He and his legal team have an impressive track record of success and are ready to get to work on your case. When your freedom is on the line, don't take any chances. You deserve the best chance possible, and Attorney Rosen is here to give you just that. Call today to discuss your case with a legal professional.
Contact Van Nuys Robbery Lawyer Jonathan C. Rosen as soon as possible after you have been arrested.