Van Nuys Theft Crimes Attorney
Experienced Legal Counsel You Can Trust
Have you been charged with a theft crime? It is critical to your future that you retain a skilled Van Nuys criminal defense lawyer. When you have been arrested and are facing criminal charges, your rights and your freedom are in jeopardy. Without reputable and effective representation, you may be sentenced to years in prison for a crime such as grand theft auto, or you may get a felony strike on your record.
Types of Theft Crimes:
- Petty Theft: Theft of a good valued at less than $400.
- Grand Theft: Theft of a good valued at more than $400.
- Shoplifting: Taking a good from a store or retail establishment. May be charged as petty shoplifting or grand theft shoplifting, depending on the price of the item stolen. It should be noted that premeditated shoplifting, that is, entering a store with the intent to steal, is a felony offense in California.
- Grand Theft Auto: Theft of a motor vehicle.
- Carjacking: Theft of a motor vehicle from the owner, with the use of violence or threatened violence.
- Robbery:Theft from a person, with the use of violence or threatened violence.
- Burglary: Theft from a residence or automobile or unlawful entrance of a residence or automobile with the intent to commit a felony.
- Identity Theft: Theft of another person's identifying factors (address, social security number, bank account, etc.) in order to gain access to confidential information or the individual's finances.
Theft Defense Lawyer Serving Van Nuys, CA
California prosecutors are very harsh on those accused of theft crimes. Even if you have only been charged with petty theft, it is important that you take your case seriously and hire a professional criminal defense lawyer. Your attorney may be able to have the charges levied against you reduced to a simple infraction or your attorney may be able to get your case dismissed. Call our office today to schedule a case evaluation.
Contact a Van Nuys Theft Defense Attorney at the Law Offices of Jonathan C. Rosen if you have been charged with a theft offense.